Problem: Scanning Problems
- Power not on
- Laser or laser power supply failure
- Stuck moving mirror bearing
- Broken scanning mirror
- Failed electronics
- Turn power on.
- Look for red laser beam in interferometer area. If not present, replace laser and/or laser power supply. See disclaimer for safety warning. Be sure to disconnect spectrometer power before replacing components.
- Without touching optical components, manually move moving mirror assembly. If it is hard to move or has a sticky spot, try to clear by moving back and forth. If this is unsuccessful, bearing replacement may be necessary.
- Inspect interferometer area. If moving mirror is broken it will need to be replaced.
- Check electronics. Are power supplies at proper voltages. Is main CPU running?